For a PC:
• Check the network cable (normally a green cord) in the back of your computer; make sure it is connected securely. There will be a blinking light on the back of your computer at the jack where the network cable plugs in. If the light is not blinking, report this to the Help Desk.
• Always restart your computer whenever you experience problems with it.
• Check with others in your area to see if they are having similar problems. It could be a wide-spread outage.
• Check the DOWN line (710-3696) for any campus-wide network outages or problems.
• Call the HELP line (710-4357) to report any problems that the above suggestions do not correct.
For a Mac:
• Check all connections.
• Restarting the computer helps 90% of the time.