Foreign Languages

Procedures for Obtaining Credit by Exam in a Foreign Language

Students who are proficient in French, German, or Spanish should take a CLEP exam.

Students who are proficient in other languages should go to the Department of Modern Languages & Cultures, 275 Old Main to obtain a CBE permission slip. The CBE permission slip gives specific instructions regarding the next steps in the process, including payment of fees and the turning in of the permission slip to the Office of Institutional Research and Testing, 540 Robinson Tower.

Examinations for credit in a number of less commonly taught languages are composed, administered and evaluated by Baylor professors of those languages. For a full explanation of the policies and procedures for obtaining credit by exam in a modern foreign language click here.