Frequently Asked Questions
How can I access the system?
You can access Digital Measures by clicking on this LINK. Otherwise you can copy and paste the URL into your web browser: https://www.baylor.edu/digitalmeasures
How can I get support?
If you have any type of questions, comments, or concerns, you may email the Baylor University administrator for Digital Measures at DM@baylor.edu. Your inquiry will be responded to in the order it's received.
Are any of my data loaded for me?
Yes! Information for the following screens are preloaded and updated of a regularly basis:
- Personal and Contact Information - Includes fields such as; prefix, name, address, email address
- Yearly Data - Includes fields such as; college, department, graduate faculty, sabbatical, full time equivalency
- Permanent Data - Includes fields such as; starting rank at Baylor, subsequent ranks earned, tenure status
- Education - Includes fields such as; college attended, degree, major
- Workload Information - Includes fields such as; teaching workload, administrative workload, service workload, research workload, other workload. Broken out between Fall and Spring semesters.
- Scheduled Teaching - Details about your specific courses taught, evaluation data
- Contracts, Fellowships, Grants and Sponsored Research (OSP Data) - If you had a grant or proposal go through OVPR/OSP then it will appear here with a lot of relevant data
What is the update schedule for loaded data?
The following is the update schedule (on-going) for each of the screens that are loaded for you:
- Person and Contact Information - Beginning of each semester.
- Yearly Data - Beginning and end of each semester.
- Permanent Data - Beginning and end of each semester.
- Education - Beginning and end of each semester.
- Workload Information - Only at the end of each semester; Fall: After December 31st, Spring: End of May/Early June.
- Scheduled Teaching - Beginning and end of each semester.
- Contracts, Fellowships, Grants and Sponsored Research (OSP Data) - Beginning and end of each semester.
Note: Additional updates to the above may occur on an as needed basis.
What if I am not able to log in?
If you are having issues accessing the system, please contact DM@baylor.edu - It could be that you do not have an account setup in the system!
What do I do if I see data that is inaccurate?
That depends upon the screen!
- For Education please send email@example.com an email, they will need to correct the data in the databases, when they are complete we will update the screen in DM.
- For OSP Grants please send OVPR an email, they will need to research and/or correct the data (if needed) in the databases, when they are complete we will update the screen in DM.
- For Personal and Contact Information, Yearly Data, Permanent Data, Workload Information, or Scheduled Teaching please send DM@baylor.edu an email to address the issue.
What do I do if I see data that is missing?
For one of the seven screens we preload data on your behalf, please send DM@baylor.edu an email to research what is missing. In some cases the data can be easily uploaded to the system by us, in other cases HR or OVPR might need to get involved to add/update data in their systems.
I don't know where certain types of activities go
There are a lot of options to choose from. In general you can follow the below information:
- Anything that is a publication (Journal, Books, Book Chapters, etc..) will be housed in the Intellectual Contributions.
- Anything that OVPR did not work on for you will go in Contracts, Fellowships, Grants and Sponsored Research (Self Reported).
- Anything that resembles a presentation would most likely go in Presentations.
- Any type of service (department, university, community, church, etc..) will go in the appropriate Service Section.
Outside of the above information, it will probably be a college specific question, please see your college page on this site for more details.
How do I run my report?
This is very easy to do!
- On the top header of DM, click the Reports button.
- Find your college specific Activity Report.
- Once you click into your report, change the Start Date and End Date for the year you want to run your report for.
- On the top right of the screen you will see a button labeled Run Report. This will download a word document to your task bar, simply open and review.
Note - You can run your report as many times as you would like, in fact this is encouraged!
I have suggestions for screen customizations or report customizations
Please send an email to DM@baylor.edu so we are able to review your ideas and determine an appropriate course of action.
How can I schedule a training?
Please contact DM@baylor.edu to set up a training. All sorts of trainings are available!
- One on One trainings
- Group trainings (whole departments, groups of various individuals)
- Chair trainings
- Dean trainings
- First time/Refresher trainings
We are very flexible, in person training is a valuable resource for faculty to understand DM as a whole and how to use it. Also see college specific trainings that are recorded and available for viewing 24/7 on your college page.
Does this system work for all browsers?
Yes! We have tested the system and it has been optimized for; Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, Safari, Firefox, etc.. The system also works on Windows and Apple computers well.