Impact Living-Learning Scholarship
Each year we award forty (40) needs-based scholarships to incoming students of all majors who live in the LLC. The Impact Living-Learning Center Scholarship provides additional financial aid to incoming first-year students accepted into Impact.
To be eligible for this award as an incoming resident you must:
- Rank the Impact LLC as your first choice on your housing application.
- Be approved through the housing application process to live in Impact and remain in the community your first year at Baylor.
- Failing to select a bed assignment in Impact results in removal of the award from financial aid package.
- Complete both the FAFSA and CSS Profile.
- Complete and submit the Impact LLC scholarship application
- You will only receive a scholarship application if you meet the needs-based criteria set by the Office of Financial Aid as determined by your FAFSA/CSS.
After the May housing application deadline, we contact eligible students who raked Impact as their FIRST choice with the application link. Please check your @baylor.edu email after applying as many University communications are sent here. Scholarships are offered throughout the summer until no longer available.
The Impact LLC Scholarship award is set at $3,000 for the academic year ($1,500 per semester). This award can be sustained each year if the student maintains good standing by fulfilling the requirements laid out by the Student Engagement office.
- Live in Impact LLC your first year on campus
- Attend the two (2) required Impact Academies per semester (more info HERE)
- Attend three (3) Impact programs each semester
- In addition to filling a financial need, this scholarship is designed to get students engaged in our LLC. As such, recipients are required to attend three Impact programs each semester - these can be anything from service events to treat nights to bible studies in the hall.
- Attend two (2) mentoring meetings per semester with an assigned representative from the Impact LLC Council
- Remain in good academic and disciplinary standing at Baylor University
- Be an active and “present” community member (come to the events, be involved)
- By accepting the Impact LLC scholarship, you agree to the terms of all Student Engagement Scholarships found here.
Maintaining Your Scholarship:
If you receive an Impact LLC scholarship, you can maintain your award after your first year (for up to 8 semesters) through one of two options:
- Continue living in Impact and serve with the Impact Leadership Council. These leaders organize monthly events for Impact and have a great time connecting with one another as they serve both our first-year and upper-division residents!
- If you choose to live off campus you will need to work with the office of Student Learning and Engagement to determine an engagement activity in which to participate to continue receiving the scholarship.
Please contact us with any questions and CLICK HERE to learn more about other scholarship opportunities.