Menu

Four Pillars

Four Pillars

CHARTERED BY THE REPUBLIC OF TEXAS IN 1845, Baylor University was first located in the village of Independence in Washington County. Each year, the incoming class of students travels as a group to Independence, where four columns remain from one of Baylor's original buildings. These pillars remind all who see them that Baylor's strong foundation, built on the bold vision of its founders, will stand the test of time.

As we consider Illuminate, our academic strategic plan, we build upon four pillars that have shaped the University throughout its history.

Four Pillars that Are Foundational to Illuminate