VISTA Eligibility Requirements
- Be 18 years or older. There is no upper age limit to apply to AmeriCorps VISTA.
- Pass a national service criminal history check.
- Hold one of the following citizenship or legal residency statuses:
- U.S. citizen
- U.S. National
- Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card status)
- Persons legally residing within a state. Examples of persons legally residing within a state may include those holding the following classifications: refugee, asylee, temporary protected status throughout VISTA service, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status.
- By law, only VISTA members who are either U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals, or Lawful Permanent Residents are eligible to receive an AmeriCorps Segal Education Award. All other members may receive an end-of-service cash stipend.
Additional eligibility requirements may be specified on individual position postings.
VISTA Benefits and Expectations