The workshops will explore the set-up, delivery, and coordination of the eMTY program. Participation will give you the opportunity to inform future processes and plans for addressing food availability for children during a disaster or pandemic situation. We are seeking participation from people involved in the COVID-19 program. This includes:
- School administrators and regional managers
- Emergency preparedness representatives
- Child nutrition specialists
- Companies and organizations involved supplying and coordinating food delivery
- Government officials familiar with the program
- Transportation experts and representatives
- Environmental health professionals
The data collected will be used to identify key strategies for enhancing food access and resilience. A survey will then be circulated to all recipients and service providers to rank and prioritize the strategies identified. The findings will be used to inform finalization of the food access and resilience action plan. Ultimately, providing a plan for enhancing food access for children and other vulnerable populations before, during and after disasters and pandemics.
- Waco, Texas, August 3, 2021 (Event Completed: Registration Closed)
- Montgomery, Alabama, August 5, 2021 (Event Completed: Registration Closed)
- Fargo, North Dakota, August 10, 2021 (Event Completed: Registration Closed)
- St. Louis, Missouri, September 15, 2021 (Event Completed: Registration Closed)
- Charleston, South Carolina, January 11, 2022 (College of Charleston, Event Registration)
The workshops will be catered. A stipend may be available if travel is required to attend. Virtual options will also be available.