THI’s research team publishes and distributes a variety of reports, peer-reviewed articles and research briefs. Our goal is to provide resources for individuals and organizations working to end food insecurity—ensuring that our research is both academic and actionable. You can access our reports and publications below.
Texas School Breakfast Report Card: A detailed look at school breakfast participation in each Texas county and school district.
- Texas School Breakfast Report Card: 2014-2015
- Texas School Breakfast Progress Report: School Year 2013-2014
- Texas School Breakfast Report Card: School Year 2012-2013
- Texas School Breakfast Report Card: School Year 2011-2012
Summer Meals Sponsor Surveys: Surveys of summer meals program sponsors conducted by THI and Share Our Strength (SOS) to evaluate sponsor experience in the program.
- Coming Soon: Summer Meals Sponsor Survey, June 2016
- Summer Meals Sponsor Survey, June 2015
- National Summer Meals Sponsor Survey: Texas Results, June 2014
- Summer Meals Sponsor Survey, June 2013
Out of School Meals Research Report: Funded by the Walmart Foundation, this report assesses the operations of summer and afterschool nutrition programs and factors that affect participation.
Together at the Table: The Power of Multisector Collaborations to Alleviate Hunger. In Food and Poverty: Food Insecurity and Food Sovereignty among America’s Poor. 2017.
The Complex Challenges to Participation in Federal Nutrition Programs. In Food and Poverty: Food Insecurity and Food Sovereignty among America’s Poor. 2017.
Research briefs summarize our research reports for stakeholders and policymakers. You can access the briefs here, where you’ll find summaries of the school breakfast study, summer meals best practices, marketing and messaging, and more.