Hunger Free Communities
Tom Green County Hunger Coalition, our Hunger Free Community Coalition
The Tom Green County Hunger Coalition (TGCHC) is a coalition of organizations and individuals committed to making Tom Green County food secure. The mission of the Coalition is to empower Tom Green County residents to gain equal access to healthy food. The Tom Green County Hunger Coalition is made up of organizations representing the civic, nonprofit, business and faith communities.
TGCHC works through five task groups:
- Faith-based initiatives including Kids Eat Free
- Senior Hunger
- Health and Wellness/Community Gardening
Through the work of these five task groups, we will:
- Increase awareness of child and senior nutrition programs
- Grow and provide access to healthy food production
- Increase awareness of non-federally funded and anti-hunger programs and resources
- Promote a healthier and more vibrant community
The Coalition is continually working to find new ways to achieve the goal of a Hunger Free Tom Green County. If you have interest in any of these areas, we would welcome your participation. Please contact our office for more details.