Follow these steps in order to apply to the Honors Residential College:
- Apply to the Honors College. You must be accepted to any Honors College program/major (BIC, Great Texts, Honors Program, University Scholars) to live in the HRC. We encourage you to apply to the HRC and the Honors College simultaneously.
- Submit the University Enrollment Deposit.
- Activate your Bear ID. Note that the system will need 24 hours to process before you may access the Housing Application.
- Complete the housing application in your GoBaylor account.
- Select the Honors Residential College (HRC) as your first preference.
- You must submit your Housing Application on or before May 1st to be able to access Roommate Matching and Choose Your Own Room.
- Make plans for Orientation & Advising and consider attending Honors College Line Camp.
Important Housing Dates:
- Housing application opens (March 1)
- Priority deadline (May 1)
- Students who complete their housing application on or before May 1 will be able to participate in Roommate Matching and Choose Your Own Room.
- Housing program approval
- Students will receive housing program approval the second week of May.
- Roommate Matching
- Students who submitted their housing application on or before May 1 will be able to participate in Roommate Matching in Mid-May (a questionnaire system through CL&L that allows students to browse a list of varying roommate compatibility).
- Choose Your Own Room
- Participate in Choose Your Own Room on one of our Choose Your Own Room days starting in late May and ending the first week of June. You will be notified of your assigned date and time slot for Online Room Self-Selection in early May.
For more specific information about the housing application process, visit the CL&L website.