Distinguished Staff Leadership Award
Recognizes 2 supervisors who contribute to and demonstrate a commitment to the University’s mission by exhibiting strong leadership qualities, encouraging professional development, and creating a culture of excellence on their team.
Employees can nominate their direct supervisor and are also encouraged to nominate other leaders that have made a positive impact on their personal and professional development.
Nominations for this award closed Wednesday January 9, 2019.
2018 Distinguished Staff Leadership Award Recipients
Nomination & Eligibility Guidelines
- Nominations will be based on the employee’s exhibition of the Leadership Commitments:
- Manage Ethically and Ensure Organizational Compliance
- Lead with Courage through Change and Conflict
- Coach and Develop Others
- Manage Work and Advance Performance
- Build Engagement and Trust
- Build Partnerships Within and Across Teams
- Any staff or faculty member can nominate an eligible staff for the award.
- Staff member may not nominate themselves for an award
- A staff member nominated for Distinguished Leadership Award must be currently functioning in a supervisory capacity.
- Staff (regular, non-temporary) from all supervisory levels, except President’s Council members.
- A staff member must be employed for a minimum of two consecutive years before he/she may be selected for the Distinguished Leadership or Outstanding Staff Award.
- A staff member may be selected no more than once every five years for staff awards (Staff that receive the Outstanding Staff Award cannot receive the Distinguished Leadership Award within five years of receipt of the first award, and vice versa).
- A staff member may be nominated more than once, but not by the same person in the same year.