Staff - Before You Arrive
In This Guide
- Welcome to the Baylor family
- We are excited for you to begin your new role at the University
At Baylor, you will find a world class faculty and staff dedicated to teaching and research, championship athletic programs, outstanding student involvement and a diverse community with a strong commitment to faith. As a staff member, you will find a supportive work environment dedicated to excellence and service. The people of the university make Baylor special, and you now have the opportunity to contribute to and receive the benefit of that effort.
Your employment at Baylor begins with Essential BU. Follow the steps below to prepare for your first day:
Steps to Prepare for Essential BU
- You'll receive information on how to access Ignite and complete your new hire paperwork virtually.
- Complete your Employment Eligibility Form (I-9) Section One. For a list of acceptable documents, please visit www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/acceptable-documents.
- Read the Benefits Overview. During orientation, you will hear more about benefits and have the opportunity to ask questions to a benefits specialist.
- Review the Welcome to Baylor page on the HR website.
- Review the Payroll page and prepare any questions for your manager.
- Review the Time Away page.