Faculty Application Process
Baylor University, the world's largest Baptist University, holds a Carnegie classification as a "high research" institution. Our mission is to educate men and women for worldwide leadership and service by integrating academic excellence and Christian commitment within a caring community. We are committed to the highest quality of teaching and research possible, and we are actively recruiting new faculty with a strong commitment to the classroom and an equally strong commitment to discovering new knowledge as Baylor aspires to become a top tier research university while reaffirming and strengthening its distinctive Christian mission as described in Pro Futuris.
Faculty Position Application Process
- Applications are accepted for posted vacancies only.
Applicants interested in adjunct (part time) teaching positions should contact the appropriate academic department directly.
- Follow the instructions within the individual vacancy posting which will describe the specific materials required.
- To ensure full consideration, all materials should be submitted by the date indicated within the individual vacancy posting. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- View Available Faculty Positions
- Employment with Baylor is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and verification of degrees earned.
- Baylor complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and does not engage in prohibited discrimination on the basis of race, color, nationality or ethnic origin, sex, age or handicap.
- Baylor also complies with federal/state employment reporting regulations to maintain a record of applicant demographic data. The Affirmative Action Form is used for this purpose only. The confidential information submitted on this form is provided only to Human Resources. Completion and submission this form is optional.
- The Federal Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) of 1986 requires that all employees, citizens and non-citizens, hired after November 6, 1986, complete section 1 of the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I-9) on or before the date that employment begins, and present appropriate documentation within three business days of the date that employment begins. Please use the link to complete Section 1 electronically, OR come to Human Resources to begin the electronic form I-9, on or before your first day of work.
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant’s religion as a selection criterion. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Read Baylor University's Civil Rights Policy - 028.