Vanguard Prep School Scholarship
The Bright Futures Scholarship
Vanguard College Preparatory School believes in the value of a college preparatory education and appreciates the long-standing partnership with Baylor University. Since 2003, 115 Vanguard graduates have chosen Baylor University to continue their academic pursuits.
Vanguard features small class-sizes where students get individualized attention. They instill time management, organization skills, and study habits into their students, which benefit them for the rest of their lives. "Not only do we offer students in grades 7-12 a full slate of academics, fine arts, sports, and extracurricular activities, but we also teach responsibility, rigor, and respect." Vanguard's SAT scores are 27% higher than the state average and the school has produced over 45 National Merit Finalists in the past 17 years. "Vanguard believes our education standards align with the high standards of Baylor University."
The recipient will be selected based on being a well-rounded student who will take advantage of all that Vanguard has to offer. The recipient will uphold Vanguard's values including, but not exclusive to, a sense of community, physical vigor, passion for learning, and a willingness to try new things. Vanguard's core values are rigor, respect, and responsibility.
Baylor's Bright Scholarship Document
- Parent is a current full-time Baylor employee
- Prospective student will be entering 7th the following fall semester.
- Contact Chelsa Ressetar at email@example.com or call 254-772-8111
- Attend Vanguard on-campus visit (family and prospective student) by December 1
- Prospective student shadows a current 7th grader for an entire day by December 1
- Provide prospective student transcript by December 1
- Complete Vanguard application by December 1
- Complete student interview with Vanguard School representatives in January
Vanguard will notify the scholarship recipient in early February.
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA annually 7th - 12th grade
- Abide by Vanguard Honor Code
Tuition Assistance for Vanguard College Preparatory:
Even if your student is not a Baylor Bright Scholar, Vanguard College Preparatory still offers Tuition Assistance to all Baylor Employees' dependents who qualify.
For more information, go to www.vanguard.org.