Faculty - Day One
In This Guide
New Faculty Orientation
New Faculty Orientation is a two-day program focusing on teaching and scholarship within the context of a Christian university. You will meet other Baylor family members - fellow newcomers, professors, administrators, and staff - while learning more about what makes Baylor a great college to work for.
The program is is held the Monday and Tuesday of the week prior to the start of the semester and you will receive an email from the Provost's Office with details and logistical information. Academic and campus leaders also attend the sessions, providing you a great opportunity to network and initiate cross-departmental relationships with colleagues. Additionally, you will receive a packet of information including resources across campus, a course catalog, and a notebook.
You can read more about New Faculty Orientation on the Executive Vice President and Provost website.
Sample Orientation Sessions
- Faith and Learning at Baylor
- Research Opportunities
- Teaching at Baylor
- Enhancing the Teaching Role
- Baylor Information Technology Services
- Baylor Students
- Policies and Procedures-FERPA, Legal Requirements
- Baylor Traditions
- Baylor Libraries-opportunity to meet departmental liaisons
Essential BU for Faculty
Essential BU marks the start of your career at Baylor and ensures that all new employees virtually learn about the history, culture and benefits here.
- Access Ignite to complete your employment forms virtually.
- Attend your Essential BU virtual orientation.