Faculty - Before You Arrive
In This Guide
Welcome to the Baylor family! We are excited for you to begin your new role at the University.
At Baylor, you are an important part of a world class faculty and staff dedicated to teaching and research, championship athletic programs, outstanding student involvement, and a diverse community with a strong commitment to faith. As a member of our outstanding faculty, you will play a critical role in fulfilling Baylor's mission to educate men and women for worldwide leadership and service. Welcome aboard!
Continue reading below to check out important steps you need to complete in preparation for your first day!
First Steps for Faculty
- Activate Bear ID.
- Complete New Faculty Paperwork and bring to The Bear Essentials
- Complete the Employment Eligibility Form (I-9) Section One prior to your first day. Bring original required documents from the list of acceptable documents to the HR office to complete the process.
- Read the Benefits Overview. During The Bear Essentials, you will hear more about benefits and have the opportunity to ask questions.
- Enroll in benefits using Baylor’s SmartBen system.
- Register to attend The Bear Essentials for Faculty: Register for a session.
- Prepare to attend New Faculty Orientation hosted by the Provost's Office
Resources-Faculty-Before You Arrive