Spouse and Children Tuition Remission

All eligible faculty and staff hired prior to July 1, 2003 who have maintained continuous full-time service, may apply for tuition remission for their spouse and children and be provided with 100% tuition benefit for undergraduate and graduate-level courses.

Children of eligible faculty or staff members hired on or after July 1, 2003 must be under the age of 27 as of the 12th day of class of the semester. All eligible spouses and children of full-time faculty or staff members, hired on or after July 1, 2003, that apply for tuition remission, will be required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form to determine eligibility for federal, state or institutional aid prior to completion of the tuition remission application.

The eligible spouse and children will be provided a tuition discount to the net tuition cost for undergraduate or graduate (not both) degree based upon the following schedule of years of continuous full-time service by the faculty/staff member:


Net Tuition


Net Tuition

One Year


One Year


Two Years


Two Years


Three Years


Three Years




Four Years


Five Years


Apply for Tuition Remission

If you would like to apply for the Tuition Remission benefit for your spouse or children, log on to the Tuition Remission Application and follow the instructions provided there. The electronic tuition remission application must be completed prior to the first day of class.

All students (employees, spouse, and children) must follow normal University registration procedures to enroll for classes and be in good academic standing with the university. Before applying for Tuition Remission, the student must have an active student record with Admissions or, for graduate classes, with the Graduate School. During the application process, if you receive a message indicating the student does not have an active student record, contact the Registrar, 254-710-1814, for undergraduate or the Graduate School, 254-710-3584, for graduate classes to confirm active student status.

Tuition Exchange Program

Baylor University is among the 600 members of The Tuition Exchange, Inc. (TE), a national organization that administers a reciprocal educational scholarship program. When a spouse and/or child is eligible for 100% tuition discount, he/she may apply for tuition exchange by completing the online application form.

There is no guarantee that a student will be awarded a tuition exchange scholarship. Each participating institution determines the number of scholarships to be awarded each year and the applicable rules that govern their individual exchange program. For more information about the program, contact Student Financial Aid or go to: https://www.tuitionexchange.org/.


An employee applying for tuition remission for a spouse and/or child shall complete the online application form. A new application must be submitted for each academic year. The Student Financial Aid Office will make final approval and award of tuition remission.

Additional Information

BU-PP 450b Spouse and Children Tuition Remission Policy