Finding an Honors Advisor
** All Honors Program advising will be conducted online during the Fall 2020 semester **
Freshman and Sophomore Honors Students
- You'll receive an email from Dr. Beck with the name of your Honors advisor. Specific information and a link to the SSC scheduling tool will be sent to your Baylor email account.
- Students with last names A-McL will be advised by Dr. Beck.
- Students with last names McM-Z will be advised by Ms. Marcum.
- Please schedule your appointment with this advisor, rather than with another person.
- First-year BIC students do not meet with an Honors advisor. BIC advisors will advise for Honors requirements.
- BIC students will meet with an Honors advisor in the fall semester of their sophomore year.
- First and second-year University Scholars do not meet with an Honors advisor. UNSC advisors will advise for Honors requirements.
- UNSC students will meet with an Honors advisor in the fall semester of their junior year.
Advisor for all majors and preprofessional programs:
Dr. Al Beck
Morrison Hall 203.3
All first and second-year Honors students with last name A-Ll
Ms. Sarah Marcum
Morrison Hall 203.9
All first and second-year Honors students with last name Lo-Z
Junior (Third-Year) Honors Students
Dr. Charles McDaniel and Ms. Mary Moore advise all Honors juniors. Select your advisor based on the spelling of your last name. Note that juniors are only advised for Honors requirements. Questions about major requirements should be directed to your major advisor.
Dr. Charles McDaniel
Morrison Hall 101.5 (BIC Faculty Suite)
All 3rd-year Honors students with last name A-L
Ms. Mary Moore
Morrison 203.4 (Honors Program Suite)
All 3rd-year Honors students with last name M-Z.
Senior Honors Students
Ms. Mary Moore advises all Honors Program seniors. Students graduating this semester must have registered for HON 4088, Honors Exit Review, and completed all Honors Program requirements other than the thesis.
If you have trouble scheduling an advisement meeting, please email your assigned advisor and describe in detail the problem you are facing. He or she will work to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.