Questions & Tips
Access the Application
To access the Honors College application, log into your goBAYLOR account. Scroll towards the bottom of the page. Under "Academic Program Information," click "Apply to the Honors College" and follow the instructions.
Honors College Application Questions
After you apply to Baylor, you may submit responses to these Honors College supplement questions in your goBAYLOR account. Consider preparing your answers to these questions ahead of time. Departments will thoroughly review your responses, with emphasis placed on question number one below.
- After researching the Honors College opportunities, explain how the program(s) to which you are applying (BIC program, Honors Program, and/or University Scholars) will enhance your education at Baylor. Suggested Length: 100-150 Words
- A highlight of the University Scholars program is the opportunity to design your own course of study. If you could create your own curriculum, what areas of study would be included and why? Suggested Length: 100 Words
- Describe a cultural experience you have had and explain how it impacted you. This could be through travel, class, relationships, etc. Suggested length: 250-300 words
- Describe any important honors or awards you earned in high school; focus especially on any that relate to your interest in research and/or in study connecting different academic subjects. 150 word limit
The Honors College seeks academically driven and ambitious students, utilizing a holistic student review process and considering all application materials that are available. Students are welcome to apply test-optional to Baylor University and the Honors College. The Honors College welcomes all applicants, regardless of whether or not students submit test scores. CLICK HERE to learn more about Baylor's test-optional status.
Remember to select “Save for Later” if you have not completed your application. Otherwise, the information will be lost. To ensure that you are prepared to complete the application, review the essay questions below. You can compose your answers ahead of time and copy and paste them into the application later.
- You can apply to and participate in more than one Honors College program/major. In the Honors College portion of the goBAYLOR application, students should select all programs/majors of interest. If, at a later time, the student wishes to apply to another program, simply login to goBAYLOR to select the additional programs/majors of interest. The Great Text major does not require an application; you may simply select this as your major in your goBAYLOR account.