The Travel Stipend is awarded to support outstanding Honors College undergraduates in attending professional conferences. In most cases, funding is reserved for those students presenting papers at conferences.
Must complete application 60 days prior to departure
Application package must include:
• Travel Stipend Request, detailing purpose and length of travel;
• Proof of paper acceptance by the conference (if applicable);
• One letter or recommendation (one page maximum) submitted to Ms. Amanda Barton by your faculty mentor on this project;
• Unofficial Baylor University transcript which demonstrates a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher; and,
• Budget overview (screen shot of expenses), detailing estimated cost of airfare (if applicable), lodging, registration, and conference website link.
The application packet will not be deemed complete without all of the above information.
• Baylor University's travel policy requires that everyone be good stewards of University funds, avoiding all unnecessary expenses. When several Baylor students are attending the same conference, students of the same gender will be expected to share lodging.
• Qualified students are eligible for travel support only once per academic year and in the maximum amount of $250. In rare cases, students may seek additional funding if they demonstrate that the travel opportunity is extraordinary and/or there is evidence of significant financial need. Students should contact their respective program directors about such opportunities.
• Preference will be given to students who are first-time applicants.
Upon receiving the completed application package, Ms. Amanda Barton will forward the application to the appropriate offices in the Honors College for review.
Notifications will be sent two weeks after the entire application package has been received. Applicant has 10 business days to communicate acceptance and set up an appointment with Ms. Amanda Barton.
The student must provide:
• A one-page written summary of the benefits of attending the conference (i.e., specific details about how the conference will assist in the writing or research of his/her thesis or other scholarly work at Baylor); and,
• A copy of the program (or program page) that includes the student’s name, panel, etc. (if applicable).
Reimbursement will be made after travel is complete, all receipts have been received, and the expense report has been signed by the student and the Dean of the Honors College. All receipts (for airfare, lodging, registration, and proof of conference attendance) and expense reports must be submitted within 15 calendar days of the final date of conference. Unused funds are non-transferable.