Getterman Scholars Application Tips
In recording and submitting your video essay, follow these guidelines:
- Address the prompt in a thoughtful, thorough, and timely manner. Do not submit a video exceeding the three-minute limit.
- Be yourself while giving us insight into your best self. We want to learn about the real you as well as the person you aspire to become.
- Choose a suitable, quiet place that enables your presence to be seen and voice to be heard.
- Dress appropriately, as you would for a face-to-face campus interview.
- Examine the quality of your video essay, asking trusted mentors for critique and counsel, before submitting it. Ensure that the essay reflects your very best work.
- We want to see your personality. Be amply prepared, but try not to simply read your paper in your video.
- While we appreciate video quality so that we are able to adequately hear and see you, you will be assessed by the content of your video, not special effects through advanced videography.
- Applications are due promptly at 9:00am CST. We recommend students submit their applications on the previous business day in case you have questions concerning submission.