1. Apply to Baylor University
For information about applying to Baylor University, please visit Baylor Admissions. When applying through the goBAYLOR application, be sure to select interest in the Honors College (under Academic Plans) to receive more information about the programs/majors before you apply to the Honors College.
2. Research Programs/Majors in the Honors College
The Baylor Honors College includes four majors/programs, which students can combine to create their own customized Honors experience. Applicants are highly encouraged to research these programs and connect with Honors College departments as they prepare for their application. Here are some of the resources available to prospective students:
- Honors College Virtual Visit Experience: meet with a faculty and student representative on a personal Zoom call. Offered every Monday and Friday from 11:15 a.m. to noon.
- Meet Your Major Program: Learn more about a specific Honors College major or program by attending a Meet Your Major session on Zoom. Held biweekly.
- Access the Honors College application questions here [link once the website is updated]. Keep these questions in mind as your research majors/programs that interest you.
3. Apply to Programs/Majors in the Honors College in goBAYLOR
A prospective student may apply to one or more of the Honors College programs/majors through the Honors College application in their goBAYLOR account. If you applied through the Common App or Apply Texas, you will receive an email with steps on how to activate your goBAYLOR account about 48 hours after submitting your application via these two sites. Students do not need to be admitted before having access to goBAYLOR and are able to access the Honors College Application once their application has been received. We recommend students wait until they receive this email to activate their goBAYLOR account as to not cause a duplicate which can delay the processing of their application. Applications for the Honors College open annually on October 1.
Each student who confirms their intent to enroll in one of the four Honors College majors or programs by March 1 (Round 1) or April 1 (Round 2) is considered for an Honors College scholarship. The committee reviews the student’s Baylor application, level of financial need as displayed through the FAFSA and CSS profile, and Honors College application (unnecessary if enrolling only in Great Texts). If selected to receive an award, students are notified via email in March (Round 1) or April (Round 2). The process is completed and closed in April.
4. Apply for Honors College Housing (Optional)
Honors College students have the opportunity to live in the Honors Residential College (HRC). This unique residential college provides a living experience that fosters community, discovery, and opportunities for personal growth. For more information about important housing dates and housing options in the HRC, please follow this link. If you have any questions, please contact HRC@baylor.edu.
5. Apply for Honors College Line Camp and Orientation Opportunity
After students have confirmed their acceptance to Baylor, they can sign up Honors College Line Camp and Orientation.
- Honors College Line Camp: This is designed specifically for incoming students who have been accepted to any of the four Honors College programs. New students who select to participate in this unique camp experience will be able to connect with other Honors College students as well as faculty and staff. The Honors College Line Camp is a wonderful way to find community and an outstanding way to learn more about the University as a whole. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Orientation: Orientation is a two-day program that is essential for all incoming and transfer students. During orientation, you will meet with an advisor to discuss your degree plan and register for classes, but there is so much more. It is an opportunity to explore academics, campus life, and begin developing important relationships with faculty, staff, and students. There are also opportunities to hear important information and have all of your questions answered.