Please see an overview of the HRC application process to learn more about this housing venture. And note that, on one hand, Honors College students are not required to live in the HRC; but that, on the other, Honors College students who do want to live there are not guaranteed a space. Openings are limited, and demand is high. Thus, a separate, special application form, as you can see via the link above, is required.
Activities in the HRC abound! Below are just a few.
• Sunday Symposium: Each semester, the Honors Residential College hosts a few small dinners for students to meet with exciting faculty members and guests. These intimate meals allow for discussion with great minds from a variety of fields. Past speakers include Joel Allison (CEO of Baylor Scott and White Healthcare System), the Honorable Sid Fitzwater (federal judge), and Rebecca Naylor (former missionary to India), to name a few.
• Formation Series: The Formation Series is the HRC's common conversation about what it means to be formed as a whole person by a Baylor education -- the fundamental commitment of our community. The series is composed of three events each semester, all focusing on a central annual theme. Previous subjects have included 'God Matters,' 'Friendship,' and 'The Works of C.S. Lewis.'
• Toasties: One of the most treasured HRC traditions, Toasties features a delicious take on the classic grilled cheese sandwich, offered in both sweet and savory varieties. Students gather in the Reading Room to partake of this tasty HRC staple, socialize with friends, and listen to some awesome music.
• Humans vs. Zombies: Each semester, HRC students must face the most rigorous of tests, prepared only with their own cunning, creativity, and Nerf guns. Humans vs. Zombies is a three-day battle between those hardy human students and the forsaken zombies. This wildly popular game is a longstanding tradition of the HRC.
• Tailgating & Watch Parties: Support your Baylor Bears with friends and good food! Stop by the HRC tailgate before home games for conversation and tasty barbeque. When the team is away, watch the game on the large Reading Room screen with other HRC students.
...and so much more!