Change to HSS Major

Requesting to Change to the Health Science Studies Major for Current Baylor Students

Students may only change their major to Health Science Studies (HSS) and be admitted into the HSS program during the designated eligibility period, and only at the end of a full semester (fall or spring). Please contact the Robbins College Advising team at or 254-710-4408 to confirm the current eligibility period.


To change to the HSS major, current Baylor students must meet the following criteria:

  1. Meet minimum GPA requirements for concentration of choice:
    • Pre-Medical/Dental: 3.2 cumulative GPA
    • Pre-Physician Assistant: 3.2 cumulative GPA

    • Pre-Physical Therapy: 3.2 cumulative GPA

    • Pre-Athletic Training: 3.0 cumulative GPA

    • Health Professions: 3.0 cumulative GPA

  2. Be eligible to register for, or have completed, BIO 1305/1105, and CHE 1301/1101.


If you meet the eligibility requirements and wish to apply for admittance to the HSS program, please follow the Change of Major instructions detailed here.

  1. In Bearweb, go to Student Academic Services > Student Records > Change of Major Request and fill out the online form.

  2. Your request will be reviewed to determine if you meet the criteria to change to the HSS major. If so, you will be contacted within 2 business days with information related to processing your request. If you do not meet the criteria, you will be contacted to inform you of this.

  3. If you are eligible, you will then meet with an advisor to discuss the HSS major.

  4. After meeting with an advisor, if you still wish to change your major, your major will officially be changed.

PLEASE NOTE: Your major will NOT be changed until AFTER you have communicated with an advisor to discuss the possible change of major.