NVivo is a qualitative data analysis (QDA) computer software package produced by QSR International. It has been designed for qualitative researchers working with very rich text-based and/or multimedia information, where deep levels of analysis on small or large volumes of data are required. NVivo allows for deeper analysis from more sources. A place to organize, store and analyze your data.
NVivo is available to faculty, staff, and graduate students. NVivo can be installed on both Mac and Windows computers and each user can install the software on up to two devices. Do the following to download and install NVivo:
[NOTE: Proceed directly to step 4 if you already have a myNVivo account that uses your Baylor email address.]
- Go to portal.mynvivo.com and click "Sign Up"
- Sign up for an account using your Baylor email address (e.g., Brenda_Baylor1@baylor.edu)
- When you receive an email from NVivo, click the verification link
- Sign in to your account
- Go to portal.mynvivo.com/account/licence-registration
- Go to https://baylor.box.com/v/BaylorNVivoInfo. After logging into Box, read the NVivo document and locate the license key. Once you enter the license key, click Submit.
- Once authorized, download and install NVivo
When Launching NVivo for the first time, you will be asked to activate the software. Simply select the option to sign in to NVivo and log in with your Baylor email address and password.
For support after installation, please reach out to HelpDesk+ or contact Joshua Been (Joshua_Been@baylor.edu).