Ways to minimize your risk of infection or illness are fairly simple, just follow a few guidelines.
1. Wash your hands! This is the easiest and simplest way to avoid infection or illness.
- Keep your hands clean by washing with soap and water for 15 seconds or using alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Frequently!
2. Don't share! Although you were taught to share it is best not to share the following items
- Towels or wash clothes- wash them frequently
- Drinks, eating utensils
3. Keep cuts and scapes clean and covered with bandages until healed
- Avoid contact with other people's wounds or bandages
4. If you are ill or have symptoms of illness you should
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue
- Avoid contact with others
- Wash your hands frequently
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Seek medical help when needed