We are now using DICAS!
Apply online using the DICAS application for the fall cycle of DICAS. The application opens July 2020 and closes on November 2020. To learn more about the DICAS application process, visit https://portal.dicas.org/.
In addition to submitting an application for the program through DICAS, you must register for the internship matching process with D&D Digital in the spring cycle using the Program Code 316 US Military Dietetic Internship Consortium – Army.
IMPORTANT: When completing the “Match Information” section in DICAS, you will select the box “If you are applying exclusively to programs which do not use D&D Digital, click here to complete this section.”
Ensure you select our program as your #1 choice.
Matching results are made available on the D&D Digital website in April. To learn more about D&D Digital, please visit https://www.dnddigital.com/.
2021 Admissions Cycle Timeline
- DICAS Fall Portal Opens: July 2020
- DICAS Application Deadline: November 2020
- When completing your Fall DICAS application, you need to bypass/deselect the Fall D&D Digital Match option in your application. Our program participates in the Spring D&D Digital Internship Match which can be completed separately.
- Recruiting: Applicants will be contacted by a local Army Medical Department (AMEDD) U.S. Army Recruiter AFTER submitting their application to DICAS to begin military processing and U.S. Army eligibility screening. To find an AMEDD recruiter, click here and select "Medical (AMEDD)" in the Area of Interest block. Enter your zip code to locate the nearest recruiting station
- If a recruiter has not contacted you by mid-November, please contact us at email@example.com
- Please submit your GRE scores through your recruiter
- Medical History: Prior medical conditions/illnesses may delay the application process and may require additional documentation. It is strongly recommended that you look over the attached medical history form, reach out to a healthcare recruiter for clarification, and begin gathering documentation as soon as possible. In most cases, these are resolvable issues but just take more time. Waiting until the application cut-off date will likely result in a missed opportunity.
- D&D Digital Deadline: 25 September 2020
- Applicant Notification Day: 6 April 2021
- Report Date for Military Training: August 2021 (specific date TBD)
- Class Start Date: December 2021 (specific date TBD)
- Updates beginning Spring 2021: The new DICAS designation will be $50: each additional designation will be $25. (Previous fees were $45 and $20, respectively.)
If you have questions on the timeline of events, please contact us @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
If applying after 31 October 2020, please contact the program at email@example.com to be directed to an Army Healthcare Recruiter in order to complete the application process.