In order to be considered for the U.S. Military-Baylor University Graduate Program in Nutrition, candidates must be a graduate from a didactic program in dietetics from an accredited college or university. Check your programs qualifications here.
At a minimum, applicants should have each of the following to be considered for the Program. In some cases waivers may be available. Speak to a healthcare recruiter about this possibility.
Candidates applications are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Undergraduate academic performance
- Letters of recommendation
- Demonstrated interest in military service
- Leadership potential
- Experience in foodservice and/or dietetics
- GRE scores
- Telephone interview
Unique Military Requirements
- Must be a United States Citizen. Prior or current service in the U.S. Military is not an eligibility requirement for application to the program
- Must meet the medical fitness standards for Direct Commission appointment as a Reserve Commissioned Officer as prescribed by the Department of the Army
- Must complete a background check with a U.S. Army Recruiter
- Must be less than 42.5 years of age on the date of appointment. Waivers are required for those over age 40
- Current Army Officers: must obtain a Conditional Letter of Release from their branch prior to the application deadline
- ROTC Cadets: are eligible to apply prior to graduation and DO NOT REQUIRE a Conditional Letter of Release
If you are ROTC, prior service, or currently serving in the military in some capacity, please e-mail us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.