Graduate School Forms
Forms for Students Nearing Graduation
- Announcement of Orals - Required before a student can defend their Thesis or Dissertation. It is due two weeks prior to the defense.
- Approval of Final Dissertation/Thesis - Required to submit the fully approved version of one research project.
- Copyright and Availability - Required to submit the official copy of your dissertation.
- Doctoral Investment Form - Required to prepare for conferral of degree.
- Signature Page - Required to finalize Thesis or Dissertation. For more information and detailed instructions for Fill & Sign forms see Dissertation and Thesis Resources.
Forms for Faculty and Staff
- Results of Comprehensive Exam – Completed after a student, normally a master’s level student that is not completing a Thesis, has successfully passed a comprehensive exam. This exam can be written or oral.
- Results of Preliminary Exam – All doctoral degree candidates must complete a preliminary exam before being admitted into candidacy. The results of the exam must be submitted by someone within the department.
- Admissions to Doctoral Candidacy – Submitted after the student has met the foreign language requirement (if required for program), successfully completed of the preliminary exam, completed all departmental requirements including coursework (except dissertation).
- Results of Oral Exam – Submitted after a student has defended their dissertation or thesis.
Other Requests and Petitions
- Add/Drop Form
- Parental Leave Accommodation - For GAs seeking time away from their assistantships after a birth or adoption.
- Short-Term Leave - For students in need of accommodation due to an injury or illness.
- Graduate Petitions can be used for the following and can be submitted by the student or someone within the department:
- Transfer Credits
- Course Substitutions
- Time-line extensions
- Results of Foreign Language Exam - For students who test out of their language requirement.
- Change of Degree
- Undergraduate Course Level Petitions - For undergraduates wanting to take a graduate course.
- Policies and Appeals