External Funding Resources
Looking for external funding and not sure where to begin? The tools and resources on this page will assist with every step of the grant writing process, from finding a grant to submitting a competitive application. Or, click here to view recorded workshops focusing on different aspects of grant applications.
Use search engines and databases to look for grants and fellowships. For a narrower, more specific starting place, begin with the Office of the Vice Provost for Research (OVPR) or Graduate School curated grant lists.
- Grant Forward (requires Baylor ID and password)
- Pivot (requires Baylor ID and password)
- MLA Profession Grants and Fellowships
- NEH Grant Lists
- OVPR Curated Grant List
- Graduate School Curated Grant List
- Discipline-specific grant lists (coming soon!)
For help finding appropriate grants and fellowships, please contact the External Grant Funding Specialists. Click here for PowerPoint and video instructions for using Grant Forward and Pivot.
After finding a grant, use the resources below to write a competitive grant application.
- Grant Writing 101 (e-book, requires Baylor ID and password)
- Developing Competitive Proposals (PDF)
- Why Academics Have a Hard Time Writing Good Grant Proposals (PDF)
- Twelve Steps to a Winning Research Proposal (PDF)
- A Guide to Proposal Planning and Writing (PDF)
- How to Write Your Research“Elevator Speech” (requires Baylor ID and password)
- Template for Faculty Letter of Support (requires Baylor ID and password)
For assistance during the grant writing process, please contact the External Grant Funding Specialists. The Graduate Writing Center is also available for any graduate student writing needs.