COVID-19 Admissions Updates
Updated: July 8, 2021
As we transition to summer, the continued safety of Baylor students, faculty and staff is of the utmost importance, especially as we continue our preparations for more normal operations in the fall. We ask that you continue to adhere to COVID-19 Guidelines and stay up to date on all University COVID-19 compliance on our Coronavirus Information page.
As we navigate the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Graduate School staff aims to provide both grace and flexibility while maintaining our admissions standards. Please review the information below, which will be updated as needed, and contact GraduateAdmissions@baylor.edu with any questions.
- Visit the How to Apply page for application instructions and access.
- The majority of our residential program deadlines fall between November and February, so we will be monitoring the situation and adjusting as needed.
- Individual programs may adapt admission requirements, so please contact the department to which you are applying to confirm any changes.
- Planning continues for a return to normal operations in fall 2021. Latest update here.
- Face masks/coverings are no longer required on campus. However, the University recommends that those who are unvaccinated wear a face covering indoors, as well as for individuals working within labs and other settings that require this level of protection.
- COVID-19 vaccination appointments are available at the Baylor Health Center now & throughout the summer. Make an appointment here or at 254-710-1010.
- Regular weekly COVID-19 testing continues this summer for non-exempt students, faculty and staff.
- Fall 2021 classes are set to begin August 23, 2021
- For campus-wide Baylor University updates, please go to https://www.baylor.edu/coronavirus/.
Our online programs continue as normal.
GRE requirements are being reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Any waivers must be requested by the Graduate Program Director and approved by the Graduate School.
For a list of programs making the GRE optional, please see the Exceptions section of our Submitting Test Scores Page.
Baylor University Graduate School Admissions does accept the GRE and TOEFL at-home option for testing. At-home testing is available in the U.S. and Canada, as well as a growing number of other countries. Please note the system requirements. For more information, please see https://www.ets.org/s/cv/gre/at-home/ and https://www.ets.org/s/cv/toefl/at-home/.
For applicants to most programs, an unofficial transcript -a copy uploaded by the applicant- is sufficient for application review.
For admitted students or those sending official transcripts:
- We highly recommend sending your transcript electronically.
- Paper mail is delivered to our office around 11:30 am each morning. Please allow time for transcripts sent via regular mail to be sorted, delivered, and processed before being uploaded into your application records.