COVID-19 Admissions Updates
Updated: August 25, 2020
Our staff are working in the office or from home on a rotating schedule. Email continues to be the best way to contact any particular individual. You can also call our main phone number 254-710-3588 or LiveChat with Graduate Admissions.
Our office in Morrison 200 is open 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
As we navigate the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Graduate School staff aims to provide both grace and flexibility while maintaining our admissions standards. Please review the information below, which will be updated as needed, and contact GraduateAdmissions@baylor.edu with any questions.
We are still accepting applications!
- Visit the How to Apply page for application instructions and access.
- The majority of our residential program deadlines fall between November and February, so we will be monitoring the situation and adjusting as needed.
- Individual programs may adapt admission requirements, so please contact the department to which you are applying to confirm any changes.
- Fall 2020 classes began August 24 in a modified manner. Please note that on campus, masks are required in any enclosed space and in outdoor spaces where social distancing is not possible.
- For campus-wide Baylor University updates, please go to https://www.baylor.edu/coronavirus/.
Our online programs continue as normal.
GRE requirements are being reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Any waivers must be requested by the Graduate Program Director and approved by the Graduate School.
For a list of programs making the GRE optional, please see the Exceptions section of our Submitting Test Scores Page.
Baylor University Graduate School Admissions does accept the GRE at-home option for testing. At-home testing is available in the U.S. and Canada, as well as a growing number of other countries. Please note the system requirements. For more information, please see https://www.ets.org/s/cv/gre/at-home/ and https://www.ets.org/s/cv/toefl/at-home/.
For applicants to most programs, an unofficial transcript -a copy uploaded by the applicant- is sufficient for application review.
For admitted students or those sending official transcripts:
- We highly recommend sending your transcript electronically.
- Paper mail is delivered to our office around 11:30 am each morning. Please allow time for transcripts sent via regular mail to be sorted, delivered, and processed before being uploaded into your application records.