Outstanding Graduate Research Award
The Outstanding Research award consisted of three competitive awards each Fall and Spring semester for a total of six awards annually with the goal of promoting the research productivity of graduate students within STEM, Social Sciences, and Humanities. We encourage students to publish, apply to external grants, and present their research at prestigious conferences. Each award will consist of one additional travel of $400 to be used to travel to a conference of the students choice and/or travel for dissertation research as well as public recognition by the Baylor Graduate School.
A list of our previous award recipients may be found here.
- Must be a research candidate (doctoral or MFA).
- Published (or is forthcoming) at least one paper or equivalent as a major contributor, received an outside grant/fellowship for research or had research accepted to present at a major national or international conference.
- Request and submit a letter of recommendation from your advisor in conjuction with your application
- Participate in two of the following:
- Attend a conference within the last year with travel support from the Graduate School
- Participated in 3-Minute Thesis
- Participated in the Research Showcase
Eligibility is limited to graduate students who have already completed their candidacy requirement and have previously used funding from the graduate school to attend a conference within the last year. Students who were previously given this award are eligible for a second time but must highlight significant additional progress subsequent to the first award in their application.
The application will follow the plan below, and must be completed and received by March 27, 2020. All applications will be evaluated by the Graduate School Deans.
Your name: ________________________________________
Passed candidacy exam (Month/Year): ______________________________
Address the following (2 page maximum, submitted as a PDF within the application form):
- Summary of your research project(s) and progress made.
- Dates of participation of 3 Minute Thesis, Research Showcase, or Travel Awards
- Future research plans.
- Publications (for multiple author publications, describe your specific contributions).
- Other awards/achievements (include any stipend enhancement from the Graduate School, and any previous receipt of this award).
Lastly, include a copy of your CV or resume (not included in the 2 page maximum, but included in the above PDF).