Moving to Waco
Here are some resources for re-settling to Waco, Texas. Once you're settled in, our Living in Waco page will help you find things to do, places to go, and ways to plug in locally.
The earlier you arrange your housing, the more options you will find available. As the fall semester approaches, housing options become more limited since many undergraduate and graduate students are searching for accommodations.
The following links will assist you with housing options:
- Graduate Student Housing Community
- Off campus housing
- A popular website for students seeking apartments and/or roommates is www.bearcribs.com.
- Local Realtors/Apartment Management
Schools and Childcare
- Education in Waco - City of Waco page
- List of private schools by Private School Review
- local homeschool association - Greater Waco Christian Home Educators
- many local churches offer "Mother's Day Out" (MDO) or "Parent's Day Out" (PDO) programs for pre-school children, usually 2 or 3 days per week.
- Waco Moms Facebook page
Community & Religious Organizations
- Local Churches list collected by Baylor University
- Church Search Websites: Church Angel, Churches-In
- Act Locally Waco