Proposing a New Graduate Degree
Graduate program directors interested in developing a new graduate degree should follow these steps:
- Contact Mrs. Sherry Sims (Graduate Curriculum Committee) to discuss your proposal. Depending on the degree being proposed, other Graduate School staff or individuals from other offices may be contacted for input.
- After getting the green light from Mrs. Sims, prepare your proposal according to the guidelines provided in this document: Guidelines for Preparing a Proposal for a New Graduate Degree.
- Print your proposal, attach the routing form, and obtain the signatures of your Chair and the Dean of your school.
- Deliver the proposal and the routing form to Sheila Dooley in the Graduate School office (Morrison 200). She will contact you later to provide a timeline and information about next steps.
- Contact Sheila Dooley any time to check the status of your proposal.