Proposing a New Graduate Degree
Graduate program directors interested in developing a new graduate degree should follow these steps:
- Contact Sheila Dooley (Graduate Curriculum Committee) to discuss your proposal. Depending on the degree being proposed, other Graduate School staff or individuals from other offices may be contacted for input.
- After getting the green light from Mrs. Sims, prepare your proposal according to the guidelines provided in this document: Guidelines for Preparing a Proposal for a New Graduate Degree.
- Print your proposal, attach the routing form, and obtain the signatures of your Chair and the Dean of your school.
- Deliver the proposal and the routing form to Sheila Dooley in the Graduate School office (Morrison 200). She will contact you later to provide a timeline and information about next steps.
- Contact Sheila Dooley any time to check the status of your proposal.