Additional Information
for Admitted International Students

Form I-20

As an international student, you will need Form I-20 from Baylor's International Student and Scholar Services Office

If you are coming from your home country for the first time, you will need the I-20 from Baylor in order to obtain an F-1 entry visa from the U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate in your country.

If you are transferring from another institution in the U.S., you still need the I-20 from Baylor, but you do not need a new visa if you are still in the U.S.

Social Security Number

Students receiving assistantships must have a Social Security number.
Information about applying for a Social Security number can be found HERE.

Health Insurance

All graduate students are required to enroll in health insurance.

  • International students should register via Baylor's Health Services. Click here for more information. 
  • Health Insurance is mandatory for all international students.  Insurance for dependents is no longer required but is highly recommended.
  • The cost of the coverage will be automatically charged to your account upon registration.
  • If you already have health insurance you must contact the Health Center Insurance Office regarding a waiver before the beginning of the semester.
  • For further information regarding the Health Form or Insurance call the Health Center at (254) 710-1010.

International students are not eligible to apply for any U.S. government funding programs.  This includes FAFSA funding and the Texas Tuition Equalization Grant (TTEG).


As of January 1, 2012, all new, entering college students in the state of Texas who are under the age of 22 need to have had a bacterial meningitis vaccine within the last 5 years in order to attend class.  Click here for more information.


It is very important that you make your housing arrangements prior to your arrival on campus; you will have many tasks upon arrival, leaving you very little time to look for housing. Also, as the fall semester approaches, housing options will become more limited since there will be many students searching for accommodations.  See Support Resources | Center for Global Engagement | Baylor University which provides information on housing as well as other practical considerations.


If English is not your native language, please see Teaching in English for International Teaching Assistants.


Baylor Graduate School

Baylor Graduate School
Morrison Hall, Suite 200
One Bear Place #97264
Waco, TX 76798-7264

(254) 710-3588

(254) 710-3870