Admitted Students

Congratulations on your admission!

Here are steps for incoming traditional (on campus) graduate students to help you be settled in and ready for your first day of class.


If you are a newly admitted student in an online, Army-Baylor, hybrid, or other off-campus program,
follow your program-specific steps for orientation and enrollment. 


  International students, CLICK HERE for additional information.


1. Provide your "Reply to Offer of Admission" under Forms on your GoGrad status page.
2. Read your acceptance letters carefully as they provide important information.
  • You can find them by clicking on View Update under Status Update.
3. Activate your Bear ID and e-mail, and access your Baylor ID number.
  • After providing your Intent to Enroll, you will get an email from about activating your Bear ID and email.  This may take up to two full business days. Please contact with any Bear ID issues.
  • Find explanations and instructions at the ITS Welcome to Baylor page, and step-by-step instructions on activating your Bear ID can be found here.
  • It is very important that you use your Baylor email address throughout your studies at Baylor. It is the email address that is used by the Cashier's office and all other administrative offices on campus.
  • Please Note: Logging into BearWeb will now require Duo Authentication. For more information about how to set-up a Duo account, click here.
4.  Complete the required health form.
  • This must be completed before registering for classes.
  • Please Note: EMBA, online, and Army-Baylor students are not required to complete the health form.
  • Bacterial Meningitis Vaccine Requirement: Bacterial meningitis can rapidly lead to death or disfigurement. As of January 1, 2012, all new, entering college students in the state of Texas who are under the age of 22 need to have had an MCV4 bacterial meningitis vaccine within the last 5 years in order to attend class.  Click here for more information. 
5. Contact your Graduate Program Director to get program-specific instructions, especially regarding advising and selecting classes.
6. Register for classes. Before your first semester, please contact your graduate program office directly. You can also find help on the Office of the Registrar's website.
  • Your access to register for classes is set up after official notification of your admittance from the Graduate School to the university Bearweb system. There may be a short time lag.
  • Please click here for Graduate School requirements that could impact your eligibility to graduate.
  • Some departments require graduate students to be advised before they can register for classes online, while others simply recommend that students be advised. For more information regarding your advisement, log on to Bearweb.
    • The Registrar's Office also has a complete list of departments and contacts for both situations along with the Early Registration Schedule on their Registering for Classes website.
7. Send your final, official transcript(s) and test scores to .
  • If you were admitted before receiving your degree, you are required to send an official, final transcript showing your conferred degree and date awarded to Graduate Admissions by the first day of class or a hold will be placed on your registration for the following semester and you may be asked to leave the program.
    • Please note that many Registrar Offices do not post degrees on transcripts until 2 weeks after graduation.  Before ordering your transcript, please check with your institution's registrar's office to confirm when degrees will be posted.
    • If your transcript does not include degree and date conferred, please also include your diploma or degree certificate.
  • If you were admitted with unofficial transcripts and test scores, you are required to send official, final documents to Graduate Admissions by the first day of class or a hold will be placed on your registration for the following semester and you may be asked to leave the program
    • If your transcript does not include degree and date conferred, please also include your diploma or degree certificate.
  • International students in F-1 status must also qualify for an I-20 before they are permitted to register. Email our International Student and Scholar Services for information and assistance.
  • Paper transcripts can be mailed to: Baylor University Graduate Admissions, One Bear Place #97264, Waco TX 76798-7264.
  • Click here for a definition of "official."
  • If we already have your official transcripts showing all conferred degrees, thank you! You can proceed to the next step.
8. If you are receiving a stipend, complete an I-9 and a W-4 form.
  • The Department of Homeland Security holds Baylor accountable for the proper collection of information and completion of these forms.
  • Please go to The Office of Student Employment webpage for more information and copies of the forms.
  • If you are receiving a stipend you are also eligible to use the installment plan for paying university fees at no additional charge (normally a $60 charge). Contact the Cashier's Office now for more information about the installment plan and university fees at or by calling (254) 710-2311.
  • You can find monthly and biweekly payroll schedules at
9. If you want to pursue financial aid to help with your costs, visit with Student Financial Services for more information regarding financial aid programs and the application process.
  • Pay attention to priority dates that you need to meet.
  • International students are not eligible for U.S. Government (federal) funding.
  • To ensure timely processing of your FAFSA, Baylor needs either your Social Security Number or individual Taxpayer Identification number. If you did not provide this information in your application, please login to BearWeb and click Student Academic Services>>Student Records>>Update Missing SSN (this option will only appear in BearWeb if you did not already provide this information).
  • If you have further questions after reviewing this information please contact the Financial Aid Office by phone at 1-800- BAYLOR-U, option 8, 2, then 3 for a counselor or 254-710-2611 or contact the Student Financial Aid office online.
10. As a graduate student, you receive a free membership in the Graduate Student Association! Click here for more information.
11. Look for housing. There are apartment complexes within walking or bike-riding distance of campus to suit a variety of needs, budgets, and personal preferences.
  • The following links will assist you with housing options:
  • The earlier you arrange your housing, the more options you will find available. As the fall semester approaches, housing options become more limited since many undergraduate and graduate students are searching for accommodations.
12. Process your insurance.
  • Your first student bill will show an automatic insurance charge.  Baylor University requires Health Insurance for graduate students enrolled in 3 or more credit hours, including all online graduate students, or those enrolled in at least one hour of a full-time equivalency course. To assist students to meet this requirement, Academic HealthPlans has been selected to administer the Student Health Insurance Plan underwritten by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas.  Students are automatically enrolled and charges will appear on your tuition bill unless you obtain a waiver before the close of the open enrollment period. See the AHP website for dates..
  • Students who have comparable health insurance coverage can waive out of this plan.  See Graduate Student Health Insurance.
  • Students may use the Open Enrollment period to add spouses and children to their plan. See Graduate Student Health Insurance.
  • Graduate Students who meet the criteria for Graduate Assistants will receive the Graduate School insurance subsidy. If you qualify for the subsidy, this is stated in your admission letter. The subsidy will be applied to your Baylor student account and will not appear in your AHP registration.
  • For university-wide insurance information please visit the Baylor Health Services Insurance page
13. If needed, purchase a parking permit to park in campus parking lots.
14. If you have accessibility issues, reach out to the Baylor Office of Access and Learning Accommodation. Baylor is committed to assuring equal access in all aspects of the college experience.
15. Make sure you understand the Graduate School Policy on Professional Conduct.
16. If you are bringing family with you, here are some helpful Baylor resources:
17. Plan to attend New Graduate Student Orientation.
  • Click here for more information. 

Do you have Additional questions? Here are some of the FAQs from recently admitted students

Baylor Graduate School

Baylor Graduate School
Morrison Hall, Suite 200
One Bear Place #97264
Waco, TX 76798-7264

(254) 710-3588

(254) 710-3870