Submitting Test Scores
These include GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS, or other standardized exams relevant to the program to which you are applying.
- Consult directly with each department regarding the test they require.
- To be official, test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency to Baylor University Graduate Admissions.
- Because it can take up to four to six weeks before Baylor University receives the results, applicants are advised to take standardized tests well in advance of the application deadline.
- U.S. CITIZENS: Unofficial documents (score report copies submitted by applicant) may be sent for application review but official scores (from the testing company) must be received and confirmed for admission to be valid. Please note scores reported on your application are not the same as unofficial documents. INTERNATIONAL applicants: Official results (sent to Baylor directly from the testing agency) are required for application.
Codes - Baylor University Graduate School CEEB Code 6032
Take the appropriate test and/or request that your test scores are sent to Baylor University, institution (CEEB) code 6032.
Click here for a list of department codes, as defined by ETS.
Applicants to the following programs do not need to submit GRE or GMAT scores:
Applicants to the following programs can submit either GRE or GMAT scores:
Applicants to the following programs need only submit GMAT scores:
There is no minimum GRE or GMAT score that is required for any graduate program, but applicants may contact the program to which they are applying to find out what scores are considered competitive.
- GRE www.gre.org; Graduate Record Exam scores are valid for 5 years.
- GMAT www.gmat.org; Graduate Management Admission Test scores are valid for 5 years.
- TOEFL www.toefl.org; Test of English as a Foreign Language scores are valid for 2 years.
- IELTS www.ielts.org; International English Language Testing System scores are valid for 2 years.
If your test scores are older than the allotted time, you will need to retake the exam.
Additional Requirement for International Students
Most foreign national applicants are required to take at least one of these two exams: TOEFL or IELTS.
See details on our English Proficiency Examination page.