Student Intellectual Community Enhancement Money
The SIC’EM grant is an opportunity for graduate students to secure funding for student-initiated events that promote academic and intellectual community outside of the classroom. SIC’EM-funded projects help create a vibrant intellectual community at Baylor and provide a means for informal discussion and presentation of academic work.
- Find an organization or academic department(s) willing to fund 1/3 of your event.
- If two or more departments or organizations agree to jointly sponsor your project, any combinations of their contributions must equal 1/3 of the total funds for the project to receive a 2/3 match from the Graduate School’s SIC’EM grant
- Fill out the SIC’EM application in its entirety.
- Register your event with the proper offices and departments, and make the necessary arrangements for a successful production. Make sure you read the university policies relevant to your event.
- Submit the completed application to the SIC’EM Alanna Martinez (via email) for committee review at least 1 month prior to the proposed event. (NOTE: The Sic'em Committee convenes to approve grants every other week during the academic year, September-April)
- The SIC’EM Proposal Selection Committee will review the application and will respond with one of three responses: approval, approval with edits, or denial
- Following approval, the grant funds will be disbursed on a reimbursement basis. Following your event please turn in all your receipts via the Baylor electronic reimbursement form.
RELEVANT DOCUMENTS & MATERIALS
SIC’EM Grant Proposal Application
SIC’EM Event/Program Attendance Sheet
University Events Policies, Regulations, & Procedures
SIC'EM Frequently Asked Questions