Baylor > Graduate School > Future Students > Admissions > Submit Test Scores

Submit Test Scores

Take the appropriate test and/or request that your test scores are sent to Baylor University, institution (CEEB) code 6032. Click here for a list of department codes, as defined by ETS.

These include GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS, or other standardized exams relevant to the program to which you are applying. Consult directly with each department regarding the test they require. Test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency. Because it can take up to four to six weeks before Baylor University receives the results, applicants are advised to take standardized tests well in advance of the application deadline.

Unofficial documents may be sent for review but official scores must be received before application processing can be completed.

There is no minimum GRE or GMAT score that is required for any graduate program, but applicants may contact the program to which they are applying to find out what scores are considered competitive.

Applicants to the Executive Master of Business Administration, Master of Music in Performance, Master of Music in Piano Pedagogy and Performance and Master of Music in Collaborative Piano do not need to submit GRE or GMAT scores. Applicants to the Master of Science in Nursing can submit the GRE General Test or the MAT.

  • GRE; Graduate Record Exam scores are valid for 5 years.
  • GMAT; Graduate Management Admission Test scores are valid for 5 years.
  • TOEFL; Test of English as a Foreign Language scores are valid for 2 years.
  • IELTS; International English Language Testing System scores are valid for 2 years.
If your test scores are older than the allotted time, you will need to retake the exam.
Information for International Students

All foreign national and permanent resident applicants are required to take at least one of these two exams: TOEFL or IELTS.

The minimum scores required on the TOEFL are as follows. If the minimum score is not achieved, the applicant should retake the exam.

  • Paper-based minimum score: 550
  • Computer-based minimum score: 213
  • Internet-based minimum score: 80
  • The minimum score is required on the IELTS are as follows. If the minimum score is not achieved, the applicant should retake the exam.
    • Minimum score: 6.5

    The IELTS and TOEFL are not required of applicants who have completed a bachelor's (or higher) degree from an accredited U.S. institution.

    Hankamer School of Business requires higher test score minimums for the TOEFL and IELTS.