These include GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS, or other standardized exams relevant to the program to which you are applying.
- Consult directly with each department regarding the test they require.
- To be official, test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency.
- Because it can take up to four to six weeks before Baylor University receives the results, applicants are advised to take standardized tests well in advance of the application deadline.
- U.S. Citizens: Unofficial documents (score report copies submitted by applicant) may be sent for application review but official scores (from the testing company) must be received and confirmed for admission to be valid. Please note scores reported on your application are not the same as unofficial documents. INTERNATIONAL applicants: Official results (sent to Baylor directly from the testing agency) are required for application.
Codes - Baylor University Graduate School CEEB Code 6032
Take the appropriate test and/or request that your test scores are sent to Baylor University, institution (CEEB) code 6032.
Click here for a list of department codes, as defined by ETS.
Applicants to the following programs do not need to submit GRE or GMAT scores:
- Master of Athletic Training
- Executive Master of Business Administration
- Master of Music in Church Music
- Master of Music in Collaborative Piano
- Master of Music in Composition
- Master of Music in Conducting
- Master of Fine Arts in Directing
- Doctor of Education in K-12 Educational Leadership
- Doctor of Education in Learning and Organizational Change (EdD online)
- Master of Arts in Educational Psychology
- Master of Science in Educational Psychology - general (required for ABA concentration)
- Master of International Journalism
- Master of Arts in Journalism
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Post-Professional Doctor of Occupational Therapy
- Master of Music in Performance
- Master of Music in Piano Pedagogy and Performance
- Master of Science in Sport Pedagogy
Applicants to the following programs can submit either GRE or GMAT scores:
- Doctor of Entrepreneurship (GMAT preferred)
- Master of Business Administration, full-time
- Master of Business Administration, online (test requirement waived with 5 years of post-graduate, leadership, or project management experience)
- Master of Science in Economics (GRE preferred)
- MBA in Healthcare Administration
- Master of Information Systems
- Doctor of Information Systems (GMAT preferred)
Applicants to the following programs need only submit GMAT scores:
- Master of Accountancy (Baylor University Accounting graduates are exempt from GMAT requirement.)
- Master of Taxation (Baylor University Accounting graduates are exempt from GMAT requirement.)
There is no minimum GRE or GMAT score that is required for any graduate program, but applicants may contact the program to which they are applying to find out what scores are considered competitive.
- GRE www.gre.org; Graduate Record Exam scores are valid for 5 years.
- GMAT www.gmat.org; Graduate Management Admission Test scores are valid for 5 years.
- TOEFL www.toefl.org; Test of English as a Foreign Language scores are valid for 2 years.
- IELTS www.ielts.org; International English Language Testing System scores are valid for 2 years.
If your test scores are older than the allotted time, you will need to retake the exam.
Information for International Students
Most foreign national and permanent resident applicants are required to take at least one of these two exams: TOEFL or IELTS.
The minimum scores required on the TOEFL are as follows. If the minimum score is not achieved, the applicant should retake the exam.
Please Note: We encourage you to confirm, with your department, their TOEFL/IELTS score expectations.
International applicants are exempt from the TOEFL/IELTS requirement under the following circumstances:
- You have a conferred bachelor's (or higher) degree from an accredited institution in the United States
- Your degree was issued from an institution where the medium of instruction is English. You can request this waiver by emailing GraduateAdmissions@baylor.edu.
- You are a U.S. citizen (this includes Puerto Rico)