WHAT TYPE OF PROJECTS CAN BE FUNDED BY THE SIC’EM GRANT?
To qualify for a SIC’EM grant, the proposed project or event must:
- Be led by graduate students and include faculty participants
- Enhance the intellectual community
- Include an academic component
- Provide creative ways of learning to enhance the graduate experience
- Comply with all relevant university policy, regulations, and procedures
A few previous examples of SIC’EM funded events and projects are:
- A regular luncheon to discuss a significant text
- An informal presentation of student writing prior to submission for publication
- An interdepartmental theatrical or artistic production
- A group excursion to a historically significant site to promote learning
- An interdisciplinary lecture series
HOW ARE SIC’EM GRANTS FUNDED?
SIC’EM grants are funded collaboratively by individual departments or organizations and by the Baylor University Graduate School. The amount provided by the department or organization must represent 1/3 of the proposed event/program’s final budget, and the remaining 2/3 will be provided by the Graduate School. Contributions from the Graduate School will not exceed $500, however departmental/organizational sponsors may provide additional funds.
WHEN IS THE DEADLINE FOR A SIC’EM GRANT PROPOSAL?
Applications must be received at least 1 month prior to the date of the proposed event in order to receive approval for funding from the SIC’EM Proposal Selection Committee. Proposals are selected September through April each academic year on a rolling basis. Completed applications should be sent to the SIC’EM Committee Chairperson via email.
RELEVANT DOCUMENTS & MATERIALS