Will I be Approved?
A student's approval for a particular program depends on a variety of factors. Since each program has its own set of academic and admission standards, students should investigate the requirements of their desired programs before applying.
Keep in Mind
- Students may not be able to study abroad while on probation through the Office of Student Conduct
- Applications can be deferred. Email email@example.com for details.
- Applications are evaluated on an individual basis. Baylor Study Abroad will not guarantee requests to study abroad with friends
- Even if Baylor Study Abroad Abroad approves a student's application, this does not guarantee that they will be accepted by the host institution or program
- Minimum GPA
- Varies by program; Baylor Study Abroad requires a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 which should be achieved at the time of application.
- Minimum Class Standing
- Must be Sophomore standing with 2 semesters on campus logged or transfer student
- Based on credits earned
- Varies by program; generally, Baylor Study Abroad requires a minimum of 30 credits of college-level coursework to be completed (or rising sophomore status) prior to the study abroad program start; some programs may have a higher-class standing requirement.
- Minimum Age Requirement
- None, Students under 18 must submit separate paperwork
- Language Requirement
- Some programs require a certain level of language study
- Department-Specific Programs
- Some programs are only open to students from specific departments
- Program Capacity
- Varies by program
- Exchange programs have a limited number of spots and are very competitive
- Electronic Recommendations
- It is important to select a recommender who is familiar with you and knows you plan to study abroad
- Don’t forget to give your recommender plenty of notice to complete your recommendation – at least 2 weeks
- Baylor Study Abroad Application Questionnaire
- Your answers need not be long but should be thoughtful
- Make sure you convey your desire to study abroad on the program you have specifically chosen