Global Scholars Application Process
Apply to Global Scholars as soon as you are admitted to the 2022 Fall class (or on the waitlist)
- Applications open - Limited spaces available
- Email Holly Joyner if applying after May 1 at Holly_Joyner@baylor.edu
- All applications must be submitted by May 13th, 2022
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE:
- You must be a newly admitted freshman to Baylor University who is starting your first semester in Fall 2022.
- You must hold a valid passport by July 1
- All majors may apply. The Global Scholars team will work closely with your chosen academic unit to make sure that this program is a good fit.
- Students who are not 18 years old by August 15, 2022, will need to provide additional documentation and parental acknowledgment.
- Students must have the COVID-19 vaccine to participate
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN AN APPLICANT:
The Global Scholars program is designed for students who are: globally curious, enjoy new experiences and adventure, are looking to broaden their worldview, are mature, want to travel in a community, want to engage in an academically rigorous experience, and want life experiences that will improve future career opportunities.
Decisions for the Global Scholars Program will be on a rolling basis until filled. You may only be accepted to the Global Scholars Program after you have been accepted to Baylor. You will be emailed and your admissions counselor will be informed.
- Step 1: Pay your $500 Enrollment Deposit. If you are accepted to Baylor University, you will see your acceptance decision in your goBAYLOR account.
- Step 2: Confirm Waco or Dublin (all waitlist students must confirm Dublin). After you've paid your enrollment deposit, you will confirm your location start — Waco or Dublin.
- Step 3: Pay the Additional $1000 Global Scholars deposit. If you commit to the Global Scholars program, you'll then be required to secure your spot with an additional $1000 non-refundable deposit. We will then start working to secure your flights, travel arrangements, and next steps. (This cost will go towards your overall Baylor bill which should not be significantly different in cost than a bill you would receive if you were starting in Waco.)
- Step 4: Sign up for Orientation & Line Camp. All committed Global Scholars students will be required to attend a welcome dinner in late July and Orientation & Line Camp "Combination Session" (July 12-16th). At Orientation, you'll meet your travel group, request suitemates (if interested), register for classes, get your ID card, etc. At Line Camp, you'll build relationships with your travel group as you learn about Baylor's history and time-honored traditions. Registration for these events opens on April 6, 2022.
Once accepted, you'll also have the ability to join a private Facebook group with other Global Scholars students to build relationships and ask questions.
If you change your mind or decide not to participate in Global Scholars, you are more than welcome to still attend Baylor and start your freshman year in Waco, Texas instead of Dublin, Ireland. You must let us know (Waco or Dublin) by June 1.
SCHOLARSHIPS: All academic scholarships and need-based awards will apply to the Baylor Global Scholars Program as if you were on the Waco campus.
There are other scholarships available to Global Scholars. Please contact the Program Director Holly Joyner at Holly_Joyner@baylor.edu with questions.