Global Scholars Application Process
STEP 1: Apply to Baylor by the November 1 or February 1 deadline.
STEP 2: Apply to Global Scholars as soon as you are admitted to the 2022 Fall class.
- Applications will be open in November 2021. Click here to sign-up for our mailing list.
- Click here to read the Global Scholars expectations and requirements.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE:
- You must be a newly admitted freshman to Baylor University who is starting your first semester in Fall 2022.
- You must hold a valid passport at the time of registration (by May 1, 2022).
- All majors may apply but click here for more information about specific degree requirements.
- Students who are not 18 years old by August 15, 2022, will need to provide additional documentation and parental acknowledgment.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN AN APPLICANT:
The Global Scholars program is designed for students who are: globally curious, enjoy new experiences and adventure, are looking to broaden their world view, are mature, want to travel in a community, want to engage in an academically rigorous experience, and want life experiences that will improve future career opportunities.
Decisions for the Global Scholars Program will be on a rolling basis until filled. You may only be accepted to the Global Scholars Program after you have been accepted to Baylor. You will be emailed and your admissions counselor will be informed.
- Step 1: Pay your Enrollment Deposit. If you are accepted to Baylor University, you will see your acceptance decision on or by December 15 (Early Decision), January 15 (Early Action) or April 10 (Regular Decision) in your goBAYLOR account.
- Step 2: Confirm Waco or Dublin. After you've paid your enrollment deposit, you will have until May 5 to confirm your location start — Waco or Dublin.
- Step 3: Pay the Additional $500 Global Scholars deposit. If you commit to the Global Scholars program, you'll then be required to secure your spot with an additional $500 non-refundable deposit by May 5. We will then start working to secure your flights, travel arrangements and next steps.
- Step 4: Sign up for Orientation & Line Camp. All committed Global Scholars students will be required to attend a welcome dinner in late June and Orientation & Line Camp "Combination Session" (date TBD). At Orientation, you'll meet your travel group, request suitemates (if interested), register for classes, get your ID card, etc. At Line Camp, you'll build relationships with your travel group as you learn about Baylor's history and time-honored traditions. Registration for these events opens on April 1, 2022.
- Step 5: Attend a pre-launch orientation and fly with your group to start your adventure!
Once accepted, you'll also have the ability to join a private Facebook group with other Global Scholars students to build relationships and ask questions.
If you change your mind or decide not to participate in Global Scholars, you are more than welcome to still attend Baylor and start your freshman year in Waco, Texas instead of Dublin, Ireland. You must let us know (Waco or Dublin) by May 5.
SCHOLARSHIPS: All academic scholarships and need-based awards will apply to the Baylor Global Scholars Program as if you were on the Waco campus.
Still have questions? See our FAQs here or email Global_Scholars@baylor.edu