On-Campus Study Information

What do I need to know about arriving at Baylor?

Read the information on the Arrival Information page for new students. You will find information about when to arrive on campus, how you can arrange transportation, and what will happen when you arrive. Also, be sure to fill out the International Arrival form found on the Arrival Information page.

Am I required to purchase health insurance?

Yes, please see the Student Health Insurance Glossary. This information will help you understand your health insurance benefits while attending Baylor.

How do I send my transcript to Baylor?

Before you leave your high school/home country, please be sure to have your official final transcripts sent to Baylor University! Without this document, you will not be able to complete your class registration! Official final transcripts include the official graduation date (including month and year of graduation) and the schools official seal/signature of a school administrator on the document.

  • This transcript must be sent directly from the school or submitted in an envelope sealed (remains unopened) by the school. If the envelope seal is broken or opened in any way, the document will not be accepted as an official transcript. You have 3 ways you can choose to submit your final official transcripts:
    1. Electronic submission- This is the fastest method, but please note these are only official if they are sent from a secure source (i.e. Parchment, Naviance, or Common App). We do not accept emailed or faxed transcripts. 
    2.  In-person - You can submit your official final transcripts in person upon arrival at Baylor’s campus. Your official transcript MUST be in the sealed (never opened) envelope with an school stamp & administrator signature across the envelope seal.  
    3. Mail-  Have your transcript mailed to:

Baylor University
Undergraduate Admissions
One Bear Place #97056
Waco, TX 76798




What is the religion question on my application?
  • There is a “census” question about your religion in the personal information section in BearWeb.  Many international students leave this blank.  You must answer this question.  It is okay to indicate you have no religion, if that describes you. If you leave this question blank it will cause problems with your account.
What is the Meningitis vaccine?

You MUST get the meningitis vaccine and complete Baylor’s health forms.V

  • VERY IMPORTANT:  Both American and international students are required by Texas law to show proof of receiving the MVC  Bacterial Meningitis Vaccine before entering the university.  

To remove this hold you need to complete the Health Form and show you have received the vaccine at least 10 days before arriving on campus.  The Health Center will remove the hold once they review your documents.  

  • If you arrive without your completed vaccination, you will not be allowed to come to Baylor University until 10 days after you get the vaccine.
    • Immediately go to your local doctor or hospital, get the vaccine injection, complete the Health Form, have the doctor sign it, and email it directly to Health_Services@baylor.edu at least ten days before you arrive.  Do not wait until you come to Texas to get the vaccine.  
      • The Health Form is available here.

Can you get the Meningococcal  Polysaccharide immunization in place of Meningococcal  Meningitis vaccine?

  • Yes, you may get the MPSV4.  In some countries (China), the MCV4 is known as either “ACYW135” or “MPSV4”.

Math Placement Testing

If you have not taken any of the exams above but believe you have a high math ability, you can take the Baylor math placement exam.  Baylor Math Placement Exam

  • Where: at home
  • Fee: $25.00
  • Score to Place out of Precalculus: 80+
  • Notes: 
    • Take it as soon as possible - it may take weeks to process and Baylor needs your score before you can register for Calculus (MTH1321)
    • You can take it more than once.
    • It will take about 2 hours.
    • You can only use the calculator provided in the program - no additional resources

Send a screenshot of your score to Global_Gateway@baylor.edu

Submit your Math Scores

While with the Global Gateway Program you may have the opportunity to take a math class.

If you have taken the SAT (with a math score of at least 650) or the ACT (with a math score of at least 27), you may place into a higher level math class. In order to do this you must:

  1. Submit your official scores from the ACT or Collegeboard site to Baylor
    1. SAT:
      1. Sign in to your College Board account and click on "Send Scores."
      2. Click on "Send Available Scores Now" if you want to send your scores right away, or click on "Send Scores When Available"  if you’re registered for an upcoming test.
      3. Search for your colleges by state and by name, and click "Add" to make them score report recipients. (the Baylor school code is 6032)
      4. Double check your order and pay.
      5. You may check your account to see if the scores have been sent after your testing date. 
    2. ACT:
      1. Log into the ACT website.
      2. Click on Your Test Dates and Scoring.
      3. Find and select the score you were looking for.
      4. Review your scores to make sure they're what you want to send. (the Baylor school code is 6032)
  2. Email Global_Gatway@baylor.edu with
    • Subject: Your name, ACT / SAT score (Doe, John ACT Score) Provide a screenshot of the “sent” receipt attache
    • Provide a screenshot of the “sent” receipt attached

If you have taken the AP-AB Calculus exam with a score of at least a 4 or a 5 or the AP-BC exam with a score of at least a 3, 4, or 5, you may be able to get university credit for the Calculus course. In order to do this you must:

  1. Sign in to College Board. 
  2. Click “Send Scores to Colleges Now” and follow the instructions.
  3. Email Global_Gatway@baylor.edu with
    • Subject: Your name, ACT / SAT score (Doe, John ACT Score)
    • Provide a screenshot of the “sent” receipt attached
How do I transfer courses I took in China to Baylor?

Please see our answer to this question under the Academics page.

Can I ship things to Baylor before I arrive?

Yes, a number of services help with this locally.  This is a promotional message from one service (not officially endorsed by Baylor or Study Group):

  • Campus Crates powered by The UPS Store simplifies the move-in process for students with their Ship to School service, allowing you to send your belongings and online retailer packages ahead of time. Campus Crates will give you free boxes and receive your packages for climate controlled storage and delivery. If you're living on campus, your items will be waiting for you when you arrive due to their approved vendor partnership with Baylor University. When you're leaving for the summer, Campus Crates will also help you with their summer storage program! You can register at www.mycampuscrates.com and get more information by emailing info@mycampuscrates.com or calling 254-300-8641.

Center for Global Engagement

Hankamer Academic Center, H 160.01
1428 S. 5th St.
Waco, TX 76798

One Bear Place #97012
Waco, TX 76798-7012

(254) 710-1461