The Center for Global Engagement ambassadors are a group of student leaders, both domestic and international, who represent the Center through events and programming. This may include welcoming international visitors and helping them adjust to life at Baylor, as well as talking to peers about study abroad.
Ambassador applications for the 2021-2022 academic year are now OPEN! CLICK HERE to access the application.
- Welcoming new international students and serving as a peer mentor during Global Bears Week at the beginning of both fall and spring semesters
- Fall GBW Dates: August 16th – 19th, 2021
- Spring GBW Dates: January 5th – 7th , 2021
- Serving as a peer mentor for international students during their first semester at Baylor by serving as a resource to them
- Attendance at all monthly meetings and trainings, including Fall training which occurs before Global Bears Week begins
- Spring Training: Wednesday, March 31st, 2021
- Fall Training: August 13th – 14th, 2021
- Assisting with all local ISSS events put on by the Center for Global Engagement
- Assisting with at least 1 ISSS trip per semester (NASA, Round Rock Outlet Mall and Asian Markets, Texas State Fair, Fort Worth Stockyards, Texas Rangers Baseball game, etc.)*
- Hosting international guests who come to campus
- Assisting the Study Abroad office with outreach efforts to the campus community as needed
*Health and safety conditions permitting...
- Enjoy working with individuals from other countries/cultures
- Respect other individuals’ values, beliefs, and tradition even if they differ from your own
- Be flexible and patient as schedules tend to change and new tasks are assigned
- Be outgoing and engaging and have an “Above and Beyond” attitude
- Be skilled at working in a group environment as a leader
- Previous experience studying or living abroad is highly valued but not required
How to Apply
- Ambassador applications for the 2021-2022 academic year are now OPEN! CLICK HERE to access the application.
- Once the deadline has passed you will receive a notification to schedule an interview, as well as a commitment form that you must bring signed to your interview. *Please note that interview spots are limited and not all applicants will receive an interview.*
- Interviews will take place on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday on March 8th – 10th.
- You will be notified by email whether or not you have been accepted by Friday, March 12th.
- Friday, February 19th.
- Email Brandon_Hoye@baylor.edu.