Transfer In and Out
Transfer-In RegulationsA student may transfer his or her SEVIS record to Baylor only after being admitted to the institution. After students are admitted and deposited, they will complete the necessary questionnaires in Baylor's Global Bears system so that a Baylor official can work with officials at the student's current institution to transfer the record.
- A student logs in to Global Bears (after paying Baylor's Deposit) and completes questionnaires about transfer his or her SEVIS record to Baylor from the current institution.
- A Baylor DSO reviews form and confirms Baylor admission.
- Once the transfer release date has been reached, the DSO can access the student's record in Draft status, and see details about the transfer request.
- Baylor DSO prints new I-20. The I-20 that prints at this stage will specify "Initial attendance - Transfer pending from School X" and send to student.
- The I-20 is provided to the student in person or via mail and the student reports to the institution on the date indicated on the I-20.
- During the first semester, students will receive a new I-20, which will now indicate "Continued attendance.”
Transfer-Out RegulationsA student may transfer out of Baylor University to another institution that is a SEVIS approved institution. The student must have a letter of admission from the new institution proving that he or she has been accepted. Students must understand the following:
- Students may choose only one transfer school; so students should wait until they have been officially accepted and have decided to enroll there. Baylor cannot release a student's SEVIS record to multiple schools.
- The student's record MUST be transferred BEFORE the end of the student's 60 day grace period after their program end date on the I-20.
- If a student's SEVIS record has been terminated, the student must contact the transfer school to ask if they will accept the SEVIS record in terminated status.
- A SEVIS record transfer is different from an academic transfer.
- The student must contact his or her new school to receive a new I-20.
- The student may no longer work on-campus after Baylor has released his or her SEVIS record.
- The student's OPT is no longer valid after Baylor has released his or her SEVIS record.
- After Baylor has released the student's SEVIS record, Baylor cannot make any changes to his or her SEVIS record.
- After the release of the student's SEVIS record to the new school, only that school will have access to his or her SEVIS record.
- After Baylor has released the student's SEVIS record, the student cannot travel or work using the Baylor I-20.
- The student should use the link below to submit a request to transfer his or her SEVIS record. This includes submitting a letter of admission from the new school
- The Baylor ISSS Office will determine if the student is maintaining F-1 status.
- The Baylor ISSS Office will complete any forms from the new institution indicating the student’s standing at Baylor University (may include academic, judicial, other issues).
- The Baylor ISSS Office will enter a transfer release date (which will officially release that student’s file to the new institution). This date will be decided in conjunction with the student’s current academic calendar and the new institution’s recommendation.
All requests are found in the Global Bears system. Please login with your Bear ID and Password (For those on OPT, use personal login) and go to the Student Requests tab to submit your request. The link for Global Bears is https://globalbears.baylor.edu. Please email ISSS_Support@Baylor.edu if you have difficulty logging in to the system.