Transfer In and Out
A student may transfer his or her SEVIS record to Baylor only after being admitted to the institution. After students are admitted and deposited, they will complete the necessary questionnaires in Baylor's Global Bears system so that a Baylor official can work with officials at the student's current institutionn to transfer the record.
- A student logs in to Global Bears (after paying Baylor's Deposit) and completes questionnaires about transfer his or her SEVIS record to Baylor from the current institution.
- A Baylor DSO reviews form and confirms Baylor admission.
- Once the transfer release date has been reached, the DSO can access the student's record in Draft status, and see details about the transfer request.
- Baylor DSO prints new I-20. The I-20 that prints at this stage will specify "Initial attendance - Transfer pending from School X" and send to student.
- The I-20 is provided to the student in person or via mail and the student reports to the institution on the date indicated on the I-20.
- During the first semester, students will receive a new I-20, which will now indicate "Continued attendance.”
A student may transfer out of Baylor University to another institution that is a SEVIS approved institution. The student must have a letter of admission from the new institution proving that he or she has been accepted. Students must understand the following: