Student Requests

Since most requests that a student could make involve some type of regulation (U.S. Government as well as Baylor University) and a step by step procedure, we have created links on each of the pages so that you can click on the link and login directly to the application request in Global Bears.  Everything that you need to complete will be there. 

Click on the title of your request listed below to review the regulations and procedures and submit any requests/applications if necessary. Please note that if you begin a request and then do not submit it within 30 days of the date you began it, then it may be cancelled. You must submit each requirement (documents, questionnaires, assessments, etc.) in the application AND you must click the SUBMIT APPLICATION button at the top of the page for your materials to be reviewed. If we have questions, we will email you back.  Once your request is processed, your request will be updated in your GlobalBears home page and you will be notified by email.

Replace or Update I-20 Request
This should only be used for actual reprints of a lost or missing I-20 or if you need to get a new visa or if there has been a change to your major/minor or OPT status. If you need a new I-20 because your graduation date has changed, then you need to go to the Program Extension or Program Shorten Policy.

Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
Curricular Practical Training (CPT) is an option available to international students who wish to gain work experience through an Internship in the United States. It must be an integral part of the degree program and must be completed during the course of study. Students must enroll in an internship course that counts toward their degree in order to work on CPT.

Post Completion Optional Practical Training (OPT)
Post-Completion Optional Practical Training (OPT) is an option available to international students who wish to gain work experience in the United States. It authorizes work in the field of study for up to a year following graduation.

Pre-Completion Optional Practical Training (OPT)
Pre-Completion Optional Practical Training (OPT) is an option available to international students who wish to gain work experience prior to their graduation in their field of study. It must be completed during the course of study.

STEM OPT Extension
The STEM Optional Practical Training (OPT) Extension is an option available to international students on OPT, who have completed a STEM degree and wish to gain additional experience beyond their initial year of OPT.

CAP-GAP Extension
The Cap-Gap Extension allows international students on OPT, for whom an H-1B visa petition has been filed to continue to work during the “gap” between the expiration of their OPT and the start date of their H-1B visa.

Leave of Absence
A leave of absence must be requested by international students who need to take a temporary leave from Baylor due to unforeseen circumstances, and plan to leave the United States.

Letter Requests
This link provides information for any letter requests related to your immigration status, visiting family members, the social security office, etc. If you need a social security letter, be sure that you have completed the request to be Authorized for On-Campus Employment.

On-Campus Employment
Before a student can begin working on campus, the student must submit a request to CGE. The CGE will create an employment approval letter that the student can use for duration of their time at Baylor as long as they maintain full-time enrollment. Students only have to request approval one time. The approval letter can be used repeatedly.

Reduced Course Load
Studying part time is only for extreme circumstances and must be fully documented.

Change of Level
If you are a current Baylor student who will complete your academic program and you want to begin a NEW academic program at Baylor, please click here.

Reinstatement of Status
For students who have fallen out of status and had their SEVIS record terminated, please follow the policies and procedures indicated in this link.

Transfer In and Out
This page includes information for students who wish to transfer to Baylor from an approved-institution in the U.S. or transfer from Baylor to another approved-institution in the U.S.

Travel Authorization
Students can click here find information about traveling outside of the U.S., including what documents are needed.

This page includes information for students who wish to bring their spouse and/or dependent children to join them in the U.S.

Extend or Shorten Your Program
This policy describes what actions a student should take if he or she plans to graduate earlier or later than the end date on the I-20.

Social Security Number
This page includes information about how to obtain a social security number.

Severe Economic Hardship
This page provides information for international students who experience an unexpected loss of funding due to circumstances beyond their control. It provides guidance on how they may work off-campus for up to 20 hours per week.

Center for Global Engagement

Hankamer Academic Center, H 160.01
1428 S. 5th St.
Waco, TX 76798

One Bear Place #97012
Waco, TX 76798-7012

(254) 710-1461