There are many options for housing both on and off-campus. Below you will find information and helpful links. Remember that first-year students (freshmen) must live on campus their first year. All other students have options for both on and off-campus living depending on availability.


On-Campus Housing

Baylor University provides quality on-campus housing through our Campus Living and Learning Office. The majority of housing space on-campus is for undergraduate students but there is limited space for graduate students as well. You must apply for housing early in order to secure a space. Check the links below for more information
Undergraduate Students

First Year Students (freshmen): All first-year students must live on-campus. For instructions about applying for first-year housing, please click HERE

Transfer Students: Housing for transfers is limited and fills up quickly. If you are not able to get a space on-campus, you will need to consider off-campus housing options. To apply for housing for transfers, please click HERE

NOTE: Please keep in mind when choosing a residence hall that Baylor closes for the Christmas Holidays and most undergraduate residence halls will close during winter break. If you intend to remain on campus during that time, consider selecting one of the halls that will remain open.

Graduate Students

There is limited housing on-campus for graduate students and their families. If you are not able to get a space on-campus, you will need to consider off-campus housing options. To apply for graduate student housing on-campus, please click HERE

Furniture for Graduate Students

Furnishings @ First, a ministry of First Baptist Church of Waco, provides furniture that graduate students may borrow during their time at Baylor. For more information, click HERE.

Off-Campus Housing

There are multiple options near campus and further away for those who cannot or who chose to not live on-campus. Baylor has provided a site to assist you with this process; however, these are not owned and operated by Baylor and the university is not responsible for any issues or problems that arise at these locations. This list is only a courtesy. 

Please take note that the housing process normally takes more than one day to finalize. Most off-campus residences require a guarantor (someone who becomes responsible if you fail to pay your rent) to sign your lease in addition to your signature. The guarantor could be a parent, guardian, or whoever you have a relationship with who is willing to take on the responsibility on your behalf. 

Off-Campus Housing
Choose "Finding Housing" to browse a list of rental properties.

Rental Property Assistance
Rachel Jenkins at Brother's Management has offered to assist international students needing off-campus housing. She can be contacted at:rjenkins@brotherswaco.com

Center for Global Engagement

Hankamer Academic Center, H 160.01
1428 S. 5th St.
Waco, TX 76798

One Bear Place #97012
Waco, TX 76798-7012

(254) 710-1461