Banking and Money
You can open a bank account when you arrive to Waco, if you do not already have one with a U.S. bank. Banks will allow international students and scholars to open an account as long as they can provide two forms of ID. Valid ID includes:
- Passport and Visa
- Most Recent I-94
- I-20 or DS-2019
- Student ID Card
- Any secondary form of identification such as a driver's license (U.S. or International)
You should not need a Social Security number to open a bank account. In order to transfer money into your bank account, you should contact the bank to discuss wire transfer options. There is a small charge to have money wired into your account.
Most banks are not within walking distance of campus.
Several options are available:
- 1st University Credit Union - 24 La Salle Avenue C, Waco, TX 76706
- Wells Fargo - 300 Franklin Avenue, Waco, TX, 76706
- BBVA Compass - 900 Washington Avenue, Waco, TX 76701
- Bank of America - 1100 N Valley Mills Drive, Waco, TX 76710
- Chase Bank - 320 New Road, Waco, TX 76710
Transferring International Funds to Baylor
For information about Flywire by Peer Transfer, transferring funds by wire, click HERE. Please allow ample time each semester to get the necessary funds from your country to pay tuition and fees.
NOTE: IF YOUR CLASS SCHEDULE IS CANCELLED DUE TO NON-PAYMENT OF YOUR STUDENT ACCOUNT, YOUR SEVIS I-20 WILL BE TERMINATED AND YOU WILL BE OUT OF STATUS WITH THE US CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION SERVICES.