Program Transfer


Transferring OUT of Baylor


To transfer from one J-1 sponsor to another, you must seek clearance from the original/current program sponsor.

Once Baylor's ISSS has transferred your SEVIS record and the new institution has produced a new DS-2019, you are then considered under the sponsorship of the new program. You may not take up appointment with the new program until the transfer process has been successfully completed. The transfer of J-1 program sponsorship must be completed prior to the individual's termination from the previous J-1 program and before the current DS-2019 form expires.If you wish to transfer your J-1 status from Baylor to another U.S. institution, please use the J-1 Transfer Out Form.

Transferring INTO Baylor


The hosting departments should complete the J-1 Request Packet including the J-1 Transfer-In Request Form.

PLEASE NOTE: Time spent in a previous program(s) prior to the transfer will be counted toward the maximum stay allowed.

Center for Global Engagement

Hankamer Academic Center, H 160.01
1428 S. 5th St.
Waco, TX 76798

One Bear Place #97012
Waco, TX 76798-7012

(254) 710-1461