Forms and Documents


Form 8843

All individuals in F-1, F-2, J-1, or J-2 nonimmigrant status must file Form 8843 also called the “Statement for Exempt Individuals and Individuals with a Medical Condition" even if they received NO income during the past year and regardless of their age. You may have to file Form 8843 and an Income Tax Return as well. Form 8843 must be filed if an individual is:

  • present in the U.S. during the previous year,
  • a non-resident alien, and
  • present in the U.S. under F-1, F-2, J-1, or J-2 status.


Form W-2

The IRS requires employers, like Baylor, to report wage and salary information for employees on Form W-2. Your W-2 also reports the amount of federal, state and other taxes withheld from your paycheck. Baylor is required to make the W-2 available no later than January 31st of each year. You may download it from Bearweb or you may go to the Payroll Office to pick-up a copy. If you worked for Baylor and did not receive a W-2, you should contact the Baylor Payroll Office at (254) 710-2217. If you worked for any other company and it has not been mailed to you, you should contact that company's payroll office. Some individuals who receive a W-2 may also receive a Form 1042-S (see below)


Form 1042-S

Form 1042-S is a special tax form for non-residents such as international students and scholars who are reporting income from a United States-based source, such as Baylor University. Baylor will mail you this form at the end of February or you may go to the Payroll Office to pick it up. You may receive a 1042-S Form if you are a graduate student who can claim a tax treaty and you worked for a department and received a stipend. You also might receive this form if you are an athlete who received a Baylor scholarship. Some individuals who receive a 1042-S may also receive a W-2.


Form 1098-T

Eligible educational institutions, such as Baylor University, file this form for each student they enroll and for whom a reportable transaction is made. It is a tuition statement showing what was paid. You do not need to use this form in reporting your taxes.



Forms 1040NR-EZ and 1040NR

Form 1040NR-EZ is the income tax filing form that many international students and scholars use if they do not have any dependents (spouse and/or children)although some individuals with a spouse are allowed to use this form. The Form 1040NR is used for those who do have dependents.

Center for Global Engagement

Hankamer Academic Center, H 160.01
1428 S. 5th St.
Waco, TX 76798

One Bear Place #97012
Waco, TX 76798-7012

(254) 710-1461